Thursday 14 March 2013

11 hours 2 hands

Well, that session could've gone better...

Hovered around the even mark for several hours - up $60, down $40 sort of thing. I was finding it tough getting anything really going, but still holding my own. Later in the night that changed in two hands with one 'inventive' player. Mad part is I had AQ both times.

First hand, I had AQoff in late pos wit ~$350; UG+1 had put in a blind raise to $10, UG+2 Re'd to $45, I flat called, villain flatted in SB, blind raiser folds, original raiser calls. Flop is Q47 rainbow, pot is ~$135: I bet $75, SB calls, UG+2 folds and I'm heads up with villain. Villain says to me: "What do you want to do? Do you want to check it down?" My previous experience with this (it happens often enough at these tables) is that the player asking this has a weak hand or a draw - as I was thinking how to respond the dealer dealt the turn and it seemed that window was closed when the SB bet out $35 into the ~$285 pot. Board was still rainbow and unconnected and I really wasn't too sure what he was doing so I flat called. River brought another blank, pot is ~$355. When SB checks to me I put him on a missed loose draw or weaker Q and I push my remaining chips - ~$145. Villain quickly calls and shows Q7. Hmmm.

I re-load to the max BI of $300, take down a couple of little pots and watch the villain from Q7 hand play every hand, any two cards and chip up quite nicely. Second and 'time to go home hand':

I'm in HJ w/AcQc. 2 limpers before me, I raise to $40... blah blah blah, when I hit my second pair on turn I'm sure I'm good this time heads up with good ol' out of position again villain, get in most of my $ on turn. Final board: A45Q9, no flush. Villain shows 2d3s and takes pot with the straight. I go home.

The table is still talking about the hands he's played when I leave and regs are hovering to jump in on that great action. I would've reloaded and kept at it because I do recognize there's profit to be made with the guy, but at this point I'm pretty tired and don't have the heart for it so I've decided tp fight on another day

Session stats:

Duration: 11:48
Buy-In: $700
Cash-out: $0
<$700>

Overall:

P/L: +$4305.00
$/hour: $24.05
Hours: 179

No comments:

Post a Comment