Thursday 25 April 2013

Oasis spotted...

I got a bloody part-time job today!!!!

Went for a second interview, got offered the position there and then (and sent straight for the urine drug test when I accepted )

Passed that (adrenaline and caffeine are obv legal) and now I go for background check interview tomorrow. It's not much - entry level at $9.00/hr - but will get me started feeling sorted. I can't expect much when my last 10+ years of employment have been in Ireland and my talents and skills don't translate well on paper. (i.e. no degrees, just experience)

On a side note, I've been pretty shocked how many and varied the businesses are that now all require these pretty invasive checks. My records etc are as clean as an obsessive/compulsive's hands, but I can't help thinking all this is OTT.

Anyway, after I make some calculations regarding what my take-home wages will be, I'll know what I'll be adding to my BR each week and start playing accordingly again. Most likely at 1/3 at Morongo and 2/3 at the Bike.

I'm that excited about getting back to the tables again that I've decided I've got to set myself a task for the first 1/2 hour or so... I'm thinking of some memory poker tasks, maybe IDing players like... Seat 1: stack 380, 30ish male, coffee Seat 2: stack 200, player card, 20ish male, water Seat 3: ... And so on, just to get focused. If anyone has any other ideas to keep the able-player-morphs-into-overexcited-fish syndrome at bay, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment