Wednesday 24 April 2013

Rolling With It

I didn't get that seemingly perfect job I wanted.  I was pretty gutted but the fam was happy because it turned out it was full time and would cut down my opportunities to play poker seriously.

I've put a strict bind on myself that I can't play until I get that part-time job.  Even though I feel I'm out of the scared money/bad play cycle I was in, it's just not smart for me to play yet because I don't have the right bankroll for even $2/3 and this experience has taught me I don't have the gambool when my liferoll is going unfed. 

I'm mulling over a staking offer I got, but I'm pretty much torn about taking it because in my gut it I know I'd be more centered and play better if I had that steady non-poker income.   Funny thing is, if my life roll were bigger I think I'd jump at this particular staking opportunity but as it is I'm not comfortable.  Possibly because I've made my own way in the world since I was 17 and taking the staking deal because I 'need' it sits wrong with me.

Anyway, two more interviews coming up - this time for true part-time jobs.  And I've not been wasting my time away from the tables - lots of studying videos and HHs and watching Live at the Bike (even through the rough tech issues haha).  I'll post again when there's anything worth typing.:club:

No comments:

Post a Comment