Wednesday 9 May 2012

END OF THE HENDON MOB FORUM SERIES 8

I have some more to write about my poker trip to London but all I can think of at the moment (and for the last few days) is the culmination of the Hendon Mob Forum League series 8.

I didn't make it into the top points earners to qualify for the playoff that ran last night.  AKhater took it down.  I'm very happy for him and I know he's a worthy winner of the WSOP package the Mob offered up.  The heads up between PigeonJingle and AKhater was fingerprints-in-the-dashboard time.

Tonight was the loyalty event - with the self-esteem boosting name of The Ironman tournament.  Forum players who had played at least 29 of the 30 league games were qualified to compete for this $2000 package to the Palm Beach Big Game.  I was one of the 29 players who lost to the excellent play of DroptheHammer.  The heads up between Grumbledook and DTH  tonight was mighty. It lasted quite a long time and seemed like it could go on until next year's league start time.

Watching both tournaments was gut-wrenching to be honest.  Not because I wasn't in the running.  But because I never realized how difficult my mob tournament railing life would become once I got to know and meet other forum players.  I'm grateful for their pmsl banter and honour.  And I count myself lucky that it seems I can always find a reason to be happy for the winner.  Losing to this field is always a consolation.

All that sincere gushiness aside, however, my goal was to crush them all and dance on their graves.  Better luck/play next time to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment