Saturday 26 May 2012

side tracked by walking on cars

So I'm meant to be playing tournaments, but the soundtrack of my life keeps interrupting.

This local band of twenty-somethings... who I've known in one form or another since they were reckless teens - the members of Walking on Cars.

www.redbullbedroomjam.ie/band/walking-on-cars/

Just the fact that they've made something beautiful out of their existence here in a small town in Ireland would have me hooked.  Most of our teenagers seem to emigrate or dissolve.  But really, if I just found their music accidentally, I would download it and play it.

So, those two things being combined, I've become obsessed with backing them because they're in this redbull contest and it could change their lives.  The contest ends in a couple of days so I'm sure I'll be able to focus again by the next Hendon Mob Bounty Tournament.  But in the mean time, I've just got their myspace playlist on play and I created a new twitter account to up them (so I don't annoy my poker mates).

In tribe terms, for Walking On Cars, I'm all-in.

1 comment:

  1. It's well worth it for @walkingoncars and their bid for taking down the #redbullbedroomjam competition :)

    ReplyDelete